Saturday, May 8, 2010

So wet and so sad.

A few weeks ago I decided to do the dishes. I sorted out the dishes in the sink and ran the hot tap. When it was hot I put in the plug, detergent, and then I went on the internet while the sink filled.

A few minutes later I remembered and I came back and the sink was flooded and water was pouring off the sink, down the wooden cupboards and on to the lino floor. I flooded the cutlery draw about 1cm in each compartment and had to throw out paper towels from the cupboards underneath and dry everything in the cupboards, the cupboard interiors, and all the cutlery that got wet and eave the draw in the sun to finish drying. The wood swelled and the cutlery draw became really hard to open and close for about a week, because I put the taps on and walked away and forgot about it.

2 comments: